Store Assistant at our Soho Boutique (part-time)
We are looking for the right person to become part of our Little Moony family and represent our brand at our store in Soho/Nolita. If you like children, enjoy interacting with people, have a warm and outgoing personality and are looking for an opportunity to grow with us, we are looking forward to meeting you.
The position is part-time and while experience in retail is a plus, it is not required. We will provide thorough training.
The daily responsibilities include, among others:
- Assisting the Sales Team with daily store operations
- Welcoming and introducing customers to our store,
- Keeping the store tidy, organized and restocked at all times
- Pricing and placing new product arrivals in their dedicated areas
- Monitoring und updating inventory levels and alerting the team if certain items are running low
- Entering and processing customer orders in our POS system,
- Wrapping the purchase and sending the customer off with a smile on their face
- Work directly with founder team to improve daily store operations
During a 30 day trial period, one of us will always be at the store with you and provide guidance and training.
- Flexible, part-time job opportunity
- Ongoing, in-house training and direct work relationship with founder team with combined experience of over 20 years in fashion, retail, branding & marketing
- A happy, fun and colorful environment in our Soho boutique on Mulberry Street
- Great perks and special discounts
We are looking for someone who who is a fast learner and enjoys working with and helping others. We are seeking someone who is:
- A people-oriented person/someone who enjoys talking to and interacting with others
- Proactive/Takes initiative
- A fast learner who can think on the spot
- Trustworthy and responsible
- Punctual/On time
- Professional in mannerism and appearance
- Proficient with computer/iPad/ Point of Sale system
- A College grad or currently enrolled in college
- Must speak fluent English with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented, and good with numbers
- Must be willing to work on weekends
Please email your application, including your resume with the words "Store Assistant" in the subject line to email@example.com.
Little Moony is an equal opportunity employer.
10 Things we view as prerequisites for succeeding at Little Moony:
- Being on Time
Always be on time. We are technologically so advanced as a society that there is no excuse not to be on time. Being on time in our world means being at least 5 minutes early.
- Work Ethic
aka Soft skills: Take initiative. Show respect. Be open for feedback. Do more than the minimum. Have integrity. Hold yourself accountable for your actions. Own it.
Just showing up is not enough. Every day poses new challenges and demands new answers. We have to make an effort. Every day.
- Body Language
Be professional in the way you act and present yourself. Mannerisms, language, and always with a smile on your face.
Little Moony is a happy place. Your personal energy level needs to be in line of the values and the energy of the brand and the store.
Stay positive. Be nice. Be humble. Let your personality shine. But leave your ego at home.
Be passionate about what you do. Life is just too short.
- Being Coachable
Learn. There is at least one thing you can learn and improve on any day. Every day.
- Doing Extra
If you enjoy working as a Store Assistant, then that is perfectly fine. If you aspire to become a Store Manager, then you will have to go the extra mile. We will teach you what that entails.
- Being Prepared
Learn from yesterday. Prepare for today. Develop a plan. Develop goals. Define how to achieve them.