We are small, but we have big plans for the future. We are creating what we refer to as the 'Happy Company', a place and an environment fueled by original ideas and creative thinking.
If you have a unique talent you think would be a great fit and want to join the Little Moony family, please send us an email along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. And please tell us a few things about yourself.
[July 20th, 2021]: We are currently looking for the following position:
Store Assistant at our Soho Boutique (part-time/full-time)
We are looking for the right person to become part of our Little Moony family and represent our brand at our store in Soho/Nolita. If you like children, enjoy interacting with people, have a warm and outgoing personality and are looking for an opportunity to grow with us, we are looking forward to meeting you.
The position is part-time for now (with the possibility to grow into full-time) and while experience in retail is a plus, it is not required. We will provide thorough training. As Store Assistant for Little Moony, a typical day may look like this:
- You welcome a couple from out of state, whose children are staying with the grandparents over the weekend, and assist them in finding coordinating outfits for their little ones.
- You assist an uncle looking for a baby shower gift in finding something special that fits his budget.
- You direct a health-conscious, young mother to our baby onesies that are made from GOTS-certified, organic cotton, and help her find the right size
- You solve a grandmother’s challenge of finding gifts for all of her grandchildren at different ages and sizes.
- While checking out a customer and wrapping the clothes and toys, you help an out-of-town couple find a great brunch spot in the neighborhood.
The daily responsibilities include, among others:
- Welcoming and introducing customers to our shop,
- Introducing them to the Little Moony brand and the range of products we carry,
- Making recommendations and helping customers find the right item, the right gift, the right size,
- Entering and processing the order in our POS system,
- Wrapping the purchase and sending the customer off with a smile on their face
- Keeping the store tidy, organized and restocked at all times
- Setting up the store before opening hours – or – tidying up the store after store hours
- Monitoring inventory levels and alerting the team if certain items are running low
- Work directly with founder team to improve daily store operations
During a 30 day trial period, one of us will always be at the store with you and provide guidance and training.
- Flexible, part-time job opportunity with the possibility to grow into full-time
- Ongoing, in-house training and direct work relationship with founder team with combined experience of over 20 years in fashion, retail, branding & marketing
- A happy, fun and colorful environment in our Soho boutique on Mulberry Street
We are looking for someone who who is a fast learner, and first and foremost enjoys working with and helping others. In particular, we are seeking someone who is:
- A people-oriented person/someone who enjoys talking to and interacting with people
- Proactive/Takes initiative
- A fast learner who can think on the spot
- Trustworthy and responsible
- Punctual/On time
- Professional in mannerism and appearance
- Proficient with computer/iPad/ Point of Sale system
- College degree
- Must speak fluent English with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be good with numbers
Here are 10 Things we view as prerequisites for succeeding at Little Moony:
- Being on Time
Always be on time. We are technologically so advanced as a society that there is no excuse not to be on time. Being on time in our world means being at least 5 minutes early.
- Work Ethic
aka Soft skills: Take initiative. Show respect. Be open for feedback. Do more than the minimum. Have integrity. Hold yourself accountable for your actions. Own it.
Just showing up is not enough. Every day poses new challenges and demands new answers. We have to make an effort. Every day.
- Body Language
Be professional in the way you act and present yourself. Mannerisms, language, and always with a smile on your face.
Little Moony is a happy place. Your personal energy level needs to be in line of the values and the energy of the brand and the store.
Stay positive. Be nice. Be humble. Let your personality shine. But leave your ego at home.
Be passionate about what you do. Life is just too short.
- Being Coachable
Learn. There is at least one thing you can learn and improve on any day. Every day.
- Doing Extra
If you enjoy working as a Store Assistant, then that is perfectly fine. If you aspire to become a Store Manager, then you will have to go the extra mile. We will teach you what that entails.
- Being Prepared
Learn from yesterday. Prepare for today. Develop a plan. Develop goals. Define how to achieve them.
As we grow our Little Moony brand, you will have a unique opportunity to become an essential member of our Little Moony family. As mentioned, we are small, but we have big plans for the future.
Please send your resume with the words "STORE ASSISTANT" in the subject line to email@example.com and tell us a little bit about yourself.
Little Moony is an equal opportunity employer.